Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H ###

Sujet : Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H ###
De : noreply (at) *nospam* example.com (joes)
Groupes : comp.theory
Date : 09. May 2024, 14:37:32
Am Thu, 09 May 2024 04:05:14 +0100 schrieb Mike Terry:

I'll respond with my assessment on this, provided you agree in advance
that you won't quote me elsewhere [in other threads/forums] in support
of your claims.  Not that I can really enforce this, but I think for the
most part you are basically honest, and would try to keep an agreement
you made on this, if you chose to make one.

You understand the reason I ask this:  you are unfortunately completely
unable to judge what other people say to you, and as soon as you
(mis)interpret the smallest thing as supporting some part of your
argument you will (mis)quote "Mike Terry [or whoever] agrees that
[something I did not agree to, or some literal quote taken out of
context, which misrepresents my actual opinion]."

If I persuade you of anything, of course you can present those views /as
your own words/, but none of that "Mike Terry said..." or "an expert
(lol) has agreed that..." and so on.  Those are attempts to silence
opposition through (mistaken) appeals to authority and I don't want to
be involved in that.

Of course you can quote me freely within this thread where it will be in
context :)

Mike.

Hello Mike, are you one of the „experts” Olcott quotes? I would be
interested in what your original concession regarding the code was.
Have a nice day

--
joes