Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H ###

Sujet : Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H ###
De : polcott333 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (olcott)
Groupes : comp.theory
Date : 16. May 2024, 18:39:20
On 2024-05-15 15:24:57 +0000, olcott said:
 [ .... ]

Normal semantics is that the program is not executed.
 Indeed.

typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
00 int H(ptr x, ptr x);
01 int D(ptr x)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04   if (Halt_Status)
05     HERE: goto HERE;
06   return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 int main()
10 {
11   H(D,D);
12   return 0;
13 }

Can you find any compiler that is liberal enough to accept that?

It has been fully operational code under Windows and
Linux for two years.
 That is another of your lies.  It's largely why I despise you so much.
 Although you've fixed the missing semicolon on line 0 (at last), it still
fails to compile under any C compiler worthy of the name.  With all the
errors in it it still would have failed to compile under Linux or Windows
ever since it was written.
 Quit lying.  And fix that program fragment, assuming your C skills are up
to it.
There are many postings in this group providing the
actual execution trace output of that program.
It was named H and had input P,P back in 2021.
The record shows that you responded to these posts
that had the actual execution trace output provided.
My code fragment is a program template. I have told you this
countless times and you simply ignore what I say.