Re: Olcott should write a Book

Sujet : Re: Olcott should write a Book
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : sci.logic
Date : 26. Jul 2024, 23:50:54
Question is basically, are they linked?
Henry Steel Olcott (1832 - 1907)
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Steel_Olcott
William Tyler Olcott (1873 - 1936)
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyler_Olcott
Strange this William Tyler Olcott was born
in Chicage but move to Connecticut, to
the Thomas Olcott (c. 1609 - 1654) settlers?
Mild Shock schrieb:
 Some months ago I found a book, with a southern
hemisphere map of stars, also written by some Olcott.
Who was it? Are these star gazers also related to you?
 Thats the other book, very nice one:
 Title: A Field Book of the Stars
Author: William Tyler Olcott
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/20769/20769-h/20769-h.htm
 Oh its not southern hemisphere, it says:
 The constellations embraced in this manual are only
those visible from the average latitude of the New
England and Middle States, and owe their place in
the particular season in which they are found to the
fact that in that season they are favorably
situated for observation.
 olcott schrieb:
On 7/26/2024 9:39 AM, Mild Shock wrote:
Fabulistic is in his name, there were
some interesting Olcotts:

Henry Steel Olcott
Buddhistischer Katechismus
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhistischer_Katechismus_(Olcott)

William Tyler Olcott
Star Lore of all Ages
https://www.buecher.de/artikel/buch/star-lore-of-all-ages-a-collection-of-myths-legends-and-facts-concerning-the-constellations-of-the-northern-hemisphere/66741393/ >

The title of the book could be:

Turing, Montague, Mozart
an Eternal Computer tape

Henry Steele Olcott was born in the same town
as myself and my Dad. he was born 100 years
before my Dad. He was my great grandfather's
oldest brother.

Colonel Olcott was in charge of the investigation
of Lincoln's assassination is still celebrated in
Sri Lanka every year for restoring Buddhism.

Here is another book that he wrote.
https://www.amazon.com/Descendants-Thomas-Olcott-Settlers-Connecticut/dp/3337747264 >

I wrote no books, yet, here are my many papers including
two published patents that I wrote myself.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pl-Olcott/research