Re: A Web app showing Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization procedure

Sujet : Re: A Web app showing Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization procedure
De : python (at) *nospam* invalid.org (Python)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 07. Sep 2024, 15:18:59
Le 07/09/2024 à 10:06, ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog a écrit :
On Wed, 4 Sep 2024 16:41:11 +0000, Python wrote:

I *may* be interested by your opinion on the *code* though :-)
 I took a look at the brython project on GitHub. That's a pretty
impressive project. Are you Pierre? Then congratulations!
No I'm not :-) We have in common to both be from Brittany though !
I wrote this application in order to illustrate Einstein-Poincaré
synchronization procedure in order to (in order of importance):
- Learn more about Web front development
- Learn about Brython (I'm a Python developer for decades)
- Have fun!
- Show how stupidly wrong Richard "Hachel" Lengrand and Thomas
   Heger are

I have on my radar porting an old program of mine to a pure
web application. It had been a finalist in the 1994 Ziff-Davis
Interactive Shareware Awards competition and was a C++ program
than ran on DOS.
Nice! Is this software available in binary or source form?

I haven't yet settled on the technology that I will employ. One
possibility was a pure JavaScript implementation. More likely
was an MVC program with JavaScript and C#. Seeing your web
implementation of python made me pause for a while. I've been
interested in learning the language. Maybe this would give me
and excuse...
I would definitely suggest Brython instead of JS :-) And definitely
Python instead of C# :-))
BTW, I just update the application there:
https://www.noedge.net/e/
It now allows to check synchronization from Left to Right or Right
to Left.
Plans are to clean up the "view" i.e. the Simulation Class, adapt
to smartphones screens, and propose the Poincaré's setup (i.e.
a light source in the middle between clocks) to illustrate that
what Poincaré and Einstein proposed are equivalent.