Re: IMAP NNTP gateway

Sujet : Re: IMAP NNTP gateway
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (kyonshi)
Groupes : comp.mail.imap news.software.nntp
Date : 15. Mar 2024, 10:47:27
On 3/14/2024 6:05 PM, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
Hi kyonshi,

Ok, short question: I was thinking of using my raspberry as a mail
server, which made me think: is there a way to get nntp newsgroups via
IMAP? I didn't look too deep into the software yet, but it would be neat
if I could have that as an option.

I have installed nextcloud on the rpi as a private file storage/talk board. Nextcloud also has an IMAP Mail interface. So I was thinking if I could maybe connect my installation of INN (as yet not configured) to it so I could read news by just going on my nextcloud page.
 INN comes with a program named imapfeed which can feed news articles to an IMAP server.
 In your newsfeeds file:
      localimapserver\
         :*\
         :Tm:imapfeed!
      imapfeed!\
         :!*\
         :Tc,Wnm*,S16384:/usr/bin/news/imapfeed
 and set the corresponding localimapserver entry in your innfeed.conf file.  You'll see in the innfeed.conf manual page the deliver-* parameters which can be used for that entry.
 I've never tested imapfeed so I hope it still works fine with current IMAP implementations.  In any case, if you try it, I'll be glad to hear your feedback.

I...was absolutely not aware that this was a thing. I thought I had read through most of INN's configuration, but I guess I missed that part.
If that's the case I will just see what it can do.