Re: power loss while receiving news

Sujet : Re: power loss while receiving news
De : iulius (at) *nospam* nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid (Julien ÉLIE)
Groupes : news.software.nntp
Date : 21. Apr 2024, 13:58:42
Hi Nigel,

I'm in a situation where I've been receiving an innxmit feed to
populate a new news server.

Unfortunately, after 992GB, we had a power outage and my UPS died
without a clean shutdown.

Now, I'm paranoid my index is corrupt and not sure what to do about
it.

I'm using cfs on this new system.

 To add more detail. I am definitely missing some articles.
 $ grephistory '<q34v5519vru4fco5d14eradn3iksal3ihr@4ax.com>'|sm
sm: could not retrieve @03024359434E475331000F8053BA00000001@
  I have to got back 675 lines in the logfile before I am able to
retrieve an article.
I would then just suggest to run again innxmit on the sending server for these 675 articles.
Yet, the number of missing articles seems high.  The CNFS headers are updated every 25 articles by default.  Did you change the cycbuffupdate setting in cycbuff.conf?  (Or do you have lots of cyclic buffers, as the refresh is related to each buffer, separately?)
grephistory gets information from the history file which is flushed every 10 articles by default (icdsynccount setting in inn.conf).
Overview data is usually written less frequently on disk; it depends on the overview storage method you are using (after each article arrival for tradindexed, according to the transrowlimit and transtimelimit settings in ovsqlite.conf for ovsqlite, the txn_nosync setting in ovdb.conf for ovdb, and the ovflushcount setting in inn.conf for buffindexed).
--
Julien ÉLIE
« Les ordinateurs dans le futur ne pèseront peut-être pas plus de 1,5