Re: ZFC solution to incorrect questions: reject them

Sujet : Re: ZFC solution to incorrect questions: reject them
De : richard (at) *nospam* damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Groupes : comp.theory sci.logic
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 19:33:50
On 3/13/24 4:04 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/13/2024 5:43 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/13/24 2:54 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/13/2024 4:39 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/13/24 1:52 PM, olcott wrote:
On 3/13/2024 12:52 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/13/24 10:08 AM, olcott wrote:
On 3/13/2024 11:44 AM, immibis wrote:
On 13/03/24 04:55, olcott wrote:
On 3/12/2024 10:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

Not quite. It always gets the wrong answer, but only one of them for each quesiton.

They all gets the wrong answer on a whole class of questions

Wrong. You said. yourself. that H1 gets the right answer for D.

Since it is a logical impossibility to determine the truth
value of a self-contradictory expression the requirement
for H to do this is bogus.

Shows you are just a LIAR, as there IS a truth value to the expression that is the requirment for ANY SPECIFIC H.

*Lying about me being a liar may possibly cost your soul*
*Lying about me being a liar may possibly cost your soul*
*Lying about me being a liar may possibly cost your soul*

There is no mapping from H(D,D) to Halts(D,D) that exists.
This proves that H(D,D) is being asked an incorrect question.

Why, because it is NOT a LIE.

You don't even know the definiton of an incorrect question.

I invented it so I get to stipulate its meaning.
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.lang/c/AO5Vlupeelo/m/nxJy7N2vULwJ

Nope, common technical term.

 Cite a source.

The fact that there DOES exist a mapping Halt(M,d) that maps all Turing Machines and there input to a result of Halting / Non-Halting for EVERY member of that input set, means tha Halts is a valid mapping to ask a decider to try to decider.

That part is true.
Likewise when you ask a man that has never been married:
Have you stopped beating tour wife?
There are some men that have stopped beating their wife.

Right, because that question include a presumption of something not actually present.

 Although there is a mapping from some men to YES/NO
there is no mapping from never unmarried men to YES/NO
thus the question is incorrect for all unmarried men.
 Although there is a mapping from some TM/input pairs to YES/NO
there is no mapping from H/D to YES/NO
thus the question is incorrect for H/D

Except that the mapping requested is about the INPUTS to H, not H itsef.
THERE IS a mapping from ALL inputs to H(<M>,d) to a corrct Yes/No answer as determined by Halts(M,d), or in this specific case the inputs to H(D,D) to Halts (D,D).
If H(D,D) returns 0, then the Mapping of the input D,D to Halts(D,D) is to Yes.
If H(D,D) returns 1, then the Mapping of the input D,D to Halts(D,D) is No.
So, the mapping asked for in the ACTUAL question exist.
That H(D,D) doesn't give the right answer just shows that H is wrong for the input.
The fact that there exists a D for every H such that it will get the answer wrong proves the Mapping described in the Halting Problem is uncomputable, not "invalid" (the fact that it actually exists, makes it valid).