Re: Is Richard a Liar? No!

Sujet : Re: Is Richard a Liar? No!
De : polcott333 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (olcott)
Groupes : comp.theory sci.logic
Date : 15. May 2024, 16:16:17
 In comp.theory olcott <polcott333@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/14/2024 1:30 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
Op 14.mei.2024 om 19:52 schreef olcott:
On 5/14/2024 12:49 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
 [ .... ]

In comp.theory olcott <polcott333@gmail.com> wrote:
 [ .... ]

00 int H(ptr x, ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
01 int D(ptr x)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04   if (Halt_Status)
05     HERE: goto HERE;
06   return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 int main()
10 {
11   H(D,D);
12 }
 [ .... ]

But nobody here knows the proof for your assertion above, that it is
a verified fact that it cannot reach past line 03. So, we would like
to see that proof. Just the claim that it has been proven is not enough.

The "nobody here" you are referring to must be clueless
about the semantics of the C programming language.

Are you honest? Please, give the proof, instead of keeping away from it.

I have been an expert C/C++ programmer for decades.
 I see evidence to the contrary.  You may have dabbled in C twenty years
ago, or so, but if you were an expert C/C++ programmer, you would not
have written those twelve lines so carelessly that they don't even
compile.
*I have told you that this is a template previously*
*Ignoring this are repeating the above claims are the*
*reckless disregard for the truth of defamation cases*
*Failing to provide the single counter-example required to show*
*that I am incorrect because you know such a counter-example*
*does not exist IS DEFAMATION*
https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/reckless-disregard-of-the-truth.html
00 int H(ptr x, ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
01 int D(ptr x)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04   if (Halt_Status)
05     HERE: goto HERE;
06   return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 int main()
10 {
11   H(D,D);
12 }
Any H/D pair matching the above template where
D(D) is simulated by the same H(D,D) that it calls
cannot possibly reach past its own line 03.
This is a simple software engineering verified fact.